The Goretti Mass
Come and join us the first Friday of every month for Mass, Adoration, Confession, Fellowship and Formation. Celebrated in honor of our patron saint, Maria Goretti, we come together every month as a community to support each other in our commitment to purity. We come to be nourished by the sacraments, pray for our friends and loved ones, and to learn more about chastity and related topics from local speakers. This year’s theme is Saint John Paul II’s Theology of the Body. All are welcome!
Coming up: Friday, November 3rd
Location: Our Lady of the Rosary Church
1629 Columbia St, San Diego, CA 92101
5:30pm Exposition · Adoration · Confession · Benediction
6:30pm Mass · Veneration of the 1st class relic of St. Maria Goretti
7:45pm Social · Dinner
• This month we’re going out for dinner, just down the street, at Landini’s Pizzaria. Don’t forget to bring cash!
1827 India St, San Diego, CA 92101
Take note! Coming up in December:
A big thank you to our guest speaker from last month, Vladimir Bachynsky!
If you missed our guest speaker from August 4th, check out the talk on our Youtube Channel!
Like our Facebook page to see our upcoming events!
Parking: (for Our Lady of the Rosary events)
– Church parking lot is around the corner on Columbia St. (space is very limited)
– Street Parking free after 6:00 pm
– The nearest public parking lots are located on Date and Columbia ($12) and on Cedar and State ($5)
– There are many other public parking lots in the area and their prices range from $5-$16. – There are free street parking options closer to the 5 freeway but it requires a bit more walking.
Get off at the County Center/Little Italy station and then walk 4 blocks up the hill on Cedar St. and take a left on State.
Goretti Group retreats are designed to enable participants to discover their unique identity as a beloved daughter or son of God. Through this encounter with God’s love, we come to recognize our innate dignity and worth. We learn about God’s plan for our bodies, for our personal lives, for marriage, for the family and for whatever vocation He calls us to. Our retreats are designed to give those who attend, regardless of age or current state of life, the necessary skills to live the rewarding, joyful life of purity.
We currently put on half-day Mother-Daughter & Father-Son retreats for children ages 11-14 OR for teens with respective parent (or other significant adult). To stay updated on upcoming retreats, sign up for our monthly e-newsletter.